Nefyn & District Golf Club
Nefyn is dramatically located on the cliff tops at the foot of the Porthdinllaen headland, a tiny promontory that juts out from the Lleyn Peninsula into the Irish Sea. In terms of sheer exhilaration, Nefyn is Wales’ equivalent of Ireland’s . This is literally golf on the edge of the world and it makes the adrenaline pump. Nefyn and District Golf Club was founded in 1907, originally as a nine-hole course and in 1912, it was extended to 18 holes. Two of the great triumvirate, J.H.Taylor and James Braid were commissioned in 1933 to add a further nine and to revise the existing course. Today’s layout at Nefyn is extremely unusual because only 26 holes are now in play. The course now comprises 10 outward holes and two separate inward 8 holes. They call the two courses the Old and the New. This rather strange configuration makes life somewhat challenging for the first time visitor. Club members use the New course for their competitions but most visitors elect to play the Old course because it’s these spectacular cliff edge holes that are at times quirky but frequently jaw-dropping.
Old Course (par-70)
Send us an enquiry for your chance to visit this fantastic course.